This extremely versatile camera cage is designed for the Sony a7 series of cameras as well as the Sony a9. It provides a high quality aluminum, CNC-milled protective armor for your camera that has several ¼”-20 and ⅜”-16 mounting points for attaching accessories.
A detachable top handle is included and features a cold-shoe mounting point (an additional cold shoe mount is on the top of the cage itself). This handle easily slides on and off of a small NATO rail that’s attached to the top of the cage.
On the bottom of the cage is a quick release plate that is attached to a 15mm LWS baseplate. This baseplate allows you to attach various accessories via 15mm rods and can mount to a Tilta Standard Lightweight Dovetail Plate to allow you to easily slide on and off of an operating setup. The baseplate also has a lens adapter support bracket built in to allow a way to mount various lens adapters (support screws for Metabones EF and PL mount adapters are included).
An optional right-side wooden handle can be added to your order. This handle is beautifully hand-carved from Bubinga wood and features an ergonomic design. It includes a recording run/stop button built in as well as a R/S cable of your choice. The wooden handle is attached via an Arri Standard Rosette connection on the right side of the camera.
This updated Tilta Cage (ES-T17/A) is available now at tilta.com and authorized dealers.
The new Sony A7/A9 Cage is compatible with:
- A7, A7s, A7r,
- A7ii, A7sii, A7rii
- A7iii, A7riii
1. (1) Tilta Camera Cage for Sony a7/a9 Series
2. (1) Camera hex screw
3. (1) NATO rail for top handle
4. (1) Quick release top handle with finger-tightened screw
5. (1) Sony a7/a9 quick release plate
6. (1) 15mm LWS baseplate + lens adapter support bracket
7. (1) Elongated screw for Metabones EF lens adapters
8. (1) Elongated screw for Metabones PL lens adapters
9. (1) Top plate 15mm rod adapter
10. (1) Micro HDMI plug protector
11. (1) Standard HDMI plug protector
12. (3) Allen keys
13. (1) HDMI standard female to micro HDMI male cable
14. (2) 15 x 300mm rods