- [CLAMP ON] Directly to Lenses 85mm or Smaller via Filter Thread Adapters
- [FILTER SLOTS] Support a Single 4x5.65 Filter and Stackable Circular Filters
- [COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT] Design Makes this Perfect for Gimbals
- [TOP FLAG] Helps Eliminate Flares and is Easily Adjusted
- [LENS SUPPORT] via included 15mm Rod Adapter Helps Support Heavier Lenses
The Mini Matte Box is a lightweight, affordable solution for filmmakers using DSLR and mirrorless style cameras. The Mini Matte Box weighs only 140g (4.9oz).
It provides added protection for your lens and can help prevent light flares with the included top french flag.
1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 screw holes and cold shoe mounts provide several mounting points for a variety of accessories such as small LED lights or microphones.
The kit also includes a 15mm rod adapter that attaches to the bottom of the matte box, providing support for the weight of the matte box as well as a way to secure your lens in place to provide lens stability (does not support lenses with front element telescoping).
The added benefit of this matte box are the two filter options. The front of the matte box provides a slot for any standard 4×5.65 filter.
Also, screw-on filters can be attached to the included adapter rings via the inside threading that match each adapter ring diameter.
This adapter ring is first attached to your lens and then the matte box clamps onto the adapter ring.
The kit includes the Mini Matte Box, top french flag, 15mm single rod support attachment, and four lens adapter rings (82mm, 77mm, 67mm, and 72mm).
Additional adapter rings in non-standard sizes (52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 85mm) as well as cine version adapter rings (80mm and 85mm) are now available.