Warnings and Disclaimer
Please carefully read these Safety Instructions in its entirety prior to using your Hydra-Arm Mini (referred to herein as this “equipment” or this “product”). Incorrect use of this product could result in severe injury to yourself or others, as well as damage to the product and your surroundings. This product is intricate and should be operated only after you have read these Safety Instructions and have registered and activated your product as set forth below.
Anyone under 18 years old should not use this product. Avoid letting children touch the product’s rocker arm, and exercise caution if you must drive in an area where children are present.
Strictly follow the installation and usage instructions provided by Tilta Inc. (“TILTA”) to the letter. Do not use any parts that are not supplied by TILTA or recommended by TILTA. These Safety Instructions include instructions for safety, use, and maintenance. Before assembly, setting, and use, make sure to carefully read all instructions and warnings in these Safety Instructions.
Please visit to http://www.TILTA.com to get the most up-to-date instructions and warnings. TILTA reserves the right to revise this disclaimer at any time. Please see http://www.TILTA.com for the most recent form exemption statement. The version on www.TILTA.com and the version you receive by email will take precedence. Your purchase of the product means you acknowledge and agree to TILTA’s terms and conditions of sale, found at https://tilta.com/terms-conditions/.
Before using the product, you should read our terms and conditions and this document carefully to understand your legal rights, responsibilities, and safety instructions; otherwise, it may result in property loss, safety accidents, and personal safety hazards. You will be deemed to have understood, recognized, and accepted all of the terms and contents in this document once you (i) use this product or (ii) have registered and activated your product, whichever is earlier. You agree to use this product only for legal purposes and agrees to these terms as well as any relevant policies or guidelines that TILTA may develop. You understand and agree that TILTA will not be liable for any indirect, consequential, punitive, incidental, special, or penal damages, including any losses incurred as a result of your purchase, use, or inability to use this product, to the fullest extent permitted by law (even if TILTA has been informed of the possibility of such losses). You agree to hold TILTA harmless from misuse of the product, including but not limited to (i) failure to follow these Safety Instructions; (ii) unauthorized repair or modifications to the product; and (iii) combination or use with any other products or materials not provided or authorized by TILTA.
In order to use the product, you will need to register and activate the product by visiting www.tilta.com, watching the required safety video, and agreeing to a digital copy of these Safety Instructions. You will then receive a code to activate the remote control for the product. The following are user guidelines when using the product following its activation. In the event you transfer ownership of the product to a third party, you agree to update your registration at www.tilta.comto reflect the new owner. If you are allowing anyone else to use this product who has not registered at www.tilta.com, you assume all responsibility for damages and risk of loss relating or caused by such unregistered person’s use of the product.
I. Operating Environment
- Please use this equipment in open area, away from people, trees, and structures.
- Shooting in good weather conditions (without rain, wind or extreme weather) is recommended, at temperatures between -20°C/-4°F and 50°C/122 °F.
- Before filming on the road, it is recommended that you use this equipment in a closed road or notify the local traffic authority.
- When operating indoors, please exercise caution as some functions may be unavailable.
- The vehicle mounted rocker arm equipment can only withstand winds of less than 14 m/s. Do not use this equipment if the wind speed is greater than or equal to xx m/s. In the event of a strong wind, please turn the head of the vehicle mounted rocker arm in the same direction as the wind to avoid vertical impact, or park the vehicle as soon as possible in a windless indoor environment.
II. Inspection before Running on the Road
- Check that each piece of equipment has enough power.
- Ensure that the arm body is free of cracks and securely fastened.
- Inspect the vehicle mounted rocker turret belt for cleanliness and damage.
- Check that the front-mounted PTZ is level and clean.
- Verify that there are no abnormal indicator errors on the remote control terminal’s interface.
- Do not attempt to modify the parts of vehicle mounted rocker arm. Make certain that the external equipment is installed in strict accordance with the official requirements, and that the front end weight after installation does not exceed 5 kg/11 lbs.
- To ensure that the vehicle mounted rocker arm will function as intended in terms of support and adsorption force, make sure that the suction cup device is free of dust pollution.
- Use a wire comb to prevent friction and knotting with the vehicle by keeping the vehicle mounted rocker arm’s external wiring free from obstructions.
- When the external interface is not in use, confirm that the protective rubber plug is secured in position.
- Before installing the wire interface into the fuselage, make sure the battery interface, battery surface, battery, and warehouse surface are all dry and water-free. If not, there is a risk of short circuit burning. The internal circuit of the vehicle mounted rocker must also be in a dry and water-free state before it is powered on.
III. IP protection Grade
Power system compatible with Hydra-Arm mini:
ECOFLOW Delta Pro/YINCHEM YC-B1785W portable power station；
- Please do not open the top cover of the vehicle mounted rocker turret in the rain;
- Please ensure that the interface and surface of the electric box are dry and free of water before charging the electric box;
- Please wipe the surface of the machine body clean to ensure no water drops before putting it into the package;
Damage caused by the following liquid contact conditions are not covered by the warranty.
- The top cover is open;
- The interface of the electrical box is exposed to a damp environment;
- The protection cover is installed inappropriately;
- The waterproof rubber plug on the top cover is unsecured;
- Other potential top cover damages, such as shell cracking, failed waterproof glue, etc.
- Before using the vehicle rocker base, make sure it is securely fastened to the roof of the vehicle.
- When the unit is running, stay off of dusty roads to prolong the motor’s lifespan.
- Stay away from the moving rocker arm and turret base to avoid collisions.
- Avoid using cellphones or any other mobile devices, or doing anything else that might prevent you from using the vehicle mounted rocker. If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, do not operate the rocker arm.
- Please maintain control of the vehicle mounted rocker arm at all times. Please rely on visual observation to accurately assess the shooting environment, identify potential hazards in advance, and set the dead zone and limit position in accordance with the site’s specifics.
- Before each shot, please make sure the turret belt is in working order and that the arm body can withstand regular use.
VI. Road Restrictions and Local Regulations
- Operating the rocker arm while operating the vehicle on public roads is strictly prohibited.
- Keep your vehicle’s rocker speed at or below 60km/h (37 mph), and strictly adhere to all local laws and ordinances.
VII. Checklist for Pre-shooting
- Use only genuine TILTA parts to ensure that all parts are in good working order.
- Check that the stabilizer, battery box, and mobile device battery are all fully charged.
- Check to see if the firmware has been updated to the most recent version.
- If the user’s front stabilizer assembly weighs more than 5 kg/11 lbs, the arm may lose control and break.